The Best Present Ever | Teen Ink

The Best Present Ever

By tayler nealy BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
tayler nealy BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona

My whole life I've always dreamt of having a little brother or sister. I grew up as an only child till about four years ago. I was at a friend's house and my dad called and said that he would like me home in about an hour. Then an hour later he showed up to pick me up and take me home. When I got in the car my dad said that there was going to be a surprise. Finally I got home and my mom was sitting on the couch with a big smile; so I went over there and sat down next to her. My dad joined us. My dad said to me 'Tayler, moms pregnant'. I went into complete shock. I was so happy that I didn't know what to say. A cold rush shoot threw my body like a rocket shoots up into the sky. I mean every year on my birthday I would wish for a little sister or brother when I blew out the candles on my cake or in general every time someone told me to make a wish I would wish for one. That time was finally here and in a couple months there would be a new member to our family. I went to school the next day very excited to tell everybody about my exciting news. The first person I told was my best friend Megan Merry. When I told her she at first didn't believe me. After that day at school everybody new that I was getting a sibling for the first time. About 4 months into the pregnancy my mom took me with her to get her ultrasound. I was very anxious to leave because I knew that today I would be finding out if I were getting a sister or a brother. After the half hour drive we arrived as I bolted into the waiting room. My mom walked in and they took us back right away. She put that weird cream type stuff on here stomach and I looked at the screen and I saw writing that the lady had typed. The writing said, 'It's a girl!' I was so happy I couldn't stop thinking about how I finally get to be an older sister. My dad, mom and I were all talking; if it were a boy my dad would name him. Now if it were a girl I would get to name her. Right when I found out that it was a girl all of these names were flying threw my head. I finally picked my favorite name, Lexi. The lady gave us the ultrasound and we left to go share the good news to all of our friends and family. Meanwhile five months later it was time, my sister was finally coming out to the real world. It was a school day but I didn't go I went to work with my grandmother while my mom and dad went to the hospital. The whole day my stomach was doing kick flips. Around three 0, clock we went to the hospital to see what was going on. We got there in perfect time because thirty-six minutes later my mom had my beautiful little sister, Lexi. My dad came out to the waiting room and said that I could go into the room. All of a sudden when I walked inside I got this feeling, a feeling I have never gotten before. I walked over to my moms be side and my mom handed her to me. I looked into her beautiful blue eyes and smiled. I knew at that moment I was a role model I am going to be the one that she looks up too. That day was the happiest day of my life. She was born on December 14, 2004, and she weighed seven-twelve in a half. To this day I still believe that my sister was a miracle. I waited ten years for her and now I have her. I now call her my little miracle. I love her and I know she loves me.