That Time ... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

If thethought of waking up at 5:30 a.m. and picking up a Lit bookmakes you sick, it's that time again. Time for homework,writer's cramp and brainracking tests. Time to startschool!

Everyone is still wearing shorts, and thememories of those lazy days spent at the beach or pool remainvivid in everyone's minds. You know what to look forward to:classrooms smelling like new paint with the cold desks feelingstrangely familiar yet uncomfortable.

The little yellowflag on-line telling you "You have mail" isconstantly up. Everybody is comparing schedules and some arecomplaining they got the cranky old witch for German. You prayyou have B lunch with your best friend so you don't have toeat at 10:30 a.m. or 1 p.m.

No matter how much youdread the beginning of school, or how much you hope yourparents will forget the day school starts, it still happens.That first day comes faster every year, mocking you as yoursummer days whiz by faster and faster.

There's noescaping it. So, everybody out there, I feel your pain. Justthink, summer is only 180 days away!