Good Can Come from Bad Situatons | Teen Ink

Good Can Come from Bad Situatons MAG

It hasalways been hard to make friends, or even just be a kid. I wasrobbed of childhood at a young age. My life has been prettybad. My mother was right out of high school when she had me,then got pregnant again and was scared of how she was going tomake ends meet so she gave that child up for adoption. Iremember dreaming of having a little sister and I have onesomewhere in this giant world. It wasn't an easy thing to dealwith when I was told about her at eight years old. But I amkind of grateful my sister hasn't had to go through what Ihave. My mom was 18 and didn't have the slightest clue aboutraising a child, so, lucky for me, my grandparents step-ped inand raised me until I was six. I am so grateful to them andlove them so much; I don't know where I would be without them.

My mother used to take me toparties with drugs, alcohol and sex. I would cry at night andmy family would ask why - I wanted my mom to stop doing drugs.That is something a child shouldn't have to deal with. I wasaround adults all the time and was never really able to be akid. I have always had to be "grown up." My momalways had different boy-friends in and out of the house andwe moved in with them, too. It was hard because I never reallyhad a good father figure. I have been to therapists who say Ihave repressed something traumatic that will come back to mewhen I am ready. The therapists suspect I may have beensexually abused.

Now I am 17 years old and trying toforgive my mom, which is tough. I have always done well inschool and will graduate this year as a junior. Then I am offon my own which is scary, but I am looking forward to startinga life in a new place that won't have memories.

Ifyou, as a teenager, have had a rough life, you always need tolook at the future and never give up on your dreams becauseyou are what you make of your life. It's your choice to changeyour life for the better. I know sometimes it seems and feelslike you are never going to get away from the bad and nothinggood can come out of your life, but you are a unique andstrong person. Always remember that every bad event can helpyou become stronger and wiser, and sometimes that's the bestgift life can give.

There is always hope - never losefaith in yourself or your parents. It is hard for them becausethey don't want you to go through this stuff, but they mightnot have the strength to get out of a bad situation. In mysituation I am proud to say that I am very strong and wise andmost of all, I am a good person and not to blame for anythingthat happened to me as a child. I just want other teenagers insimilar situations to know that you are not alone. Always keepfaith and have hope because that is what got me through, andit can also help you, too.

i love this so much!