Big Things Can Be So Little This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

He walks through the gym each morning withconfidence and a no-good smile. No one seems to notice, but somehow healways catches one person's eye - mine. Most people know his name, howis it that I know so much more? Why am I the only one staring? How is heeverything to one person and nothing to everyone else?

There arebillions of people in this world with ideas and talents, but only onemeans so much to a single person. He catches my eye with everyappearance. His stubbornness and will to do anything just increases theattraction. When he's happy, I smile; when he's hurt, I feel bad. It'slike he is a part of me, and everything he does changes my life. He'snot the only person around; why do I only feel it for him?

Iguess that four-letter word adds to more than just your vocabulary. Ithas made him everything to me, and he makes the rest of the world seemlike nothing.