Guitar Zero | Teen Ink

Guitar Zero

February 11, 2009
By L3xii BRONZE, Double Oak, Texas
L3xii BRONZE, Double Oak, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

'Dude, one second. I'm gonna go turn my Playstation Two on.' I said into the phone. The person on the other line was my best friend, and one of the few people closest to me, Michael, said, 'Uh'okay? You had to tell me this why?' I ignored his rude question and hit the power button on my PS2. 'I told you because, for some odd reason, I thought you actually cared about what I was doing. At least no I know not to make that mistake ever again'Gosh Michael'you can be so heartless at times!' I said with enough emotion to show him how annoyed I was. He just sighed as if I'd not said a single word.
He knew just hoe to make me go crazy. I was partially sick of his 'I don't give a hoot about what you think' attitude. He finds it amusing to torment me, I think. Anyways, to sum things up, I ended up having a major argument with him. Not surprisingly, me (and my multi-tasking self,) decided to argue with Bubba whilst playing Guitar Hero 3. Hint; this isn't an easy task for a NORMAL person to do! Think about how hard it is for somebody with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)! Seeing as Michael (aka Bubba) and I BOTH have ADHD, we were having an all out war (in a sense). I was telling Michael to shut his trap, but being his obnoxiously stubborn self, he just kept on talking.
After 45 minutes of our'random attempt to bicker, we apologized and continued talking. I was playing Knights of Cydonia by Muse on medium difficulty and talking to Michael. For anyone who's played, or seen someone play, this song knows how hard it is. So, with my attention span boosting by the second from that of a two year old to that of a 20 year old college student, I began the song. I watched as the vivid colors raced across the screen. I paused the game. 'Dang it'.I'm thirsty,' I thought to myself. I set the controller on the bed and walked into the kitchen. I opened the refrigerator and grabbed a full bottle of Big Red Soda. 'Yummy,' I said. 'I love this stuff!' Michael sighed and I thought, 'Heck, why not put some food in the microwave? I am kind of hungry'.' I stuck a bag of popcorn in the microwave and set the timer. I went back into my room and set my drink on the bed. 'Michael, you still there?' I asked nervously into the phone. I heard a loud maniacal chuckle. I automatically knew that he was definitely still there. I picked the controller up and I was good to go.
I continued (well, tried to,) on the song I was playing before. I gave up on that and decided to restart the song. I hit start, strummed down one time, and hit the green fret button (aka the okay button.) I hit the button again when the screen, asking if I was sure I wanted to restart, popped up. Right as the song finished loading, the microwave went off. I hit pause and dropped the controller. I ran into the kitchen and yanked the popcorn out of the microwave. I raced into my room, threw the bag of popcorn on my bed, picked up the controller and continued where I'd left off.
It went smooth for the easy part of the song. Then, like always, it became more difficult. I had 100% of the notes so far and I was only a quarter of the way through. I watched my note multiplier (the thing that tells you that you get one, two, three, or four times the original amount of points per note, without star power that is,) go from white to yellow, from yellow to green, and from green to purple. Purple is four times the normal points per note. As I continued, I became too full of myself. I thought I'd never miss a note. Sadly, I was wrongly mistaken. I was at the ending, the last three or four sections, and I began missing notes. I missed one and then I missed two more and then'. I missed none. I finished with 99%. It said I missed four notes, I only counted three.
If I could, I would go back and I would tell Michael that I'd call him later. I don't know why I stayed on the phone with him. I should have told him that we'd talk about it later. Next time I want to play video games when I'm on the phone, I'll just stick to Nintendo DS or other PS2 games that don't require you to have 100% attention on them. All in all, I learned my lesson: Don't EVER play GH3 whilst on the phone with Michael.