Goodbye Old Lover

The tears fall ever so slowly down y cheek. Every tear carries a part of my heart's burden. Maybe someday enough tears will have been shed to carry away all the burden that makes my heart ache with agonizing pain. But each time the burden is almost gone, you add to it. Making it impossible for my heart to be released from your captive chains. The words " I love you" slice deeply into my flesh, as I remember all those words and things you said to me. All the things that you said that cut deep. You were just using me, so you didn't have to be alone. Didn't you ever think about the pain you were causing me? Of course you didn't; your thoughts always surrounded yourself. All the sweet things you would say to me that I believed you really meant, they were nothing real and you didn't mean them. If only you could comprehend the love and devotion I put into "us". But you were to busy putting that devotion into your lies and the crimes you committed to my heart behind my back. I never meant anything to you. I never did. But I truly believed we had something magical. I shared myself with you.I gave you my heart; but I'm taking it back. I found someone new; someone who really means it when he says "I love you". Someone I can trust my heart with. I love him and he loves me; something our relationship never had. I was the only one loving. My new guy, well he is taking away the pain you left. He makes me happy and I feel loved when I'm with him. I can finally let you go and move on. I'm in love with someone new and I want to be with him forever. I'm letting you go now... Goodbye... I hope you find what you've been looking for... Goodbye Old Lover...