Superman | Teen Ink

Superman MAG

He wakes around quarter to seven and comes home, dead tired at quarter to nine atnight just to make ends meet. He may be exhausted, but he still finds time to bethere for my brother or me when we need him. You may think he is just an averagefather, but to me he is Superman.

I am amazed at how he came from Russiawith very little money and now has his own company. The company may not be verylarge, but you would be proud to say it is yours. I have helped him and I'll tellyou something, that father of mine doesn't have an easy job. The things he hasbeen able to do with his hands make him look as if he has this super strength Inever knew was even possible. Objects that look like they would need at least twomen to pick up he, with all his super strength, can pick up alone. Regardless ofrain, shine or sickness he is there to do his job. I am in awe of his ability tobe so committed to his customers.

He is a worker, but he is also anamazing father. He tells me and my brother stories about when he was a little boyback in Russia. The one thing he never stops telling us is that he wants us tohave a better life than his hard-working one. One thing he told me makes mestrive to do the best I can in school: "It's up to you to do well in schoolbecause it's not my future, it's yours. The harder you work now, the easier itwill get when you are older."

As well as being skilled he isgenerous. My family isn't exactly rich, but my father feels it is important togive whatever we can. His reason is simple, and I understand why he gives what hecan. He figures that donating money helps families in their time of financialcrisis. In today's world you can have a million dollars one day and nothing thenext. What if we were in that situation? He gives because he thinks of his familyin all situations, both good and bad.

Can you see now why my father is mySuperman? If you can't it's probably because you don't know him as well as I do.But I can verify that he is a kind, generous and educated man. After watching somany TV shows and movies where sons say they don't want to be like their fathers,I want to say the exact opposite. The man I love and know as my father is who Iwish be like when I am older.

i love this so much!