Dear Bully, | Teen Ink

Dear Bully,

July 2, 2015
By Maddy12132 BRONZE, St.Charles, Illinois
Maddy12132 BRONZE, St.Charles, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nosy wants to die."~Joe Louis


“Look into my eyes and tell me I’m alright” Social/Emotional bullying is more serious than the rest, in my opinion at least. Its hard to tell when social bullying is happening. Heck its hard to tell whenever there’s bullying going on. Some ways you can tell is when happening is when someone is excluded  from anything social, rumors are spread, and they get embarrassed in public. Any type of bullying is a crime but this one includes criminal act. Parents, sibling, and family in general have a big part in making a social bully, but it can also be tv shows and movies too. Names that mean social bullying can be covert or hidden bullying, and those names tell just what it is. Just remember, you could be the one doing it or you could be the victim of it.

Carolyn Magner was a girl who had a future. Her mother told the story of how she was excluded, embarrassed, and rumored about. In the book “Bullying: social issues firsthand.” It talked about how Carolyn’s friends turned on her, and we all know that we tell our friends everything. Well Carolyn did. Her ex-friends used all those secrets against her and she was so hurt she didn’t see any other way out but by killing herself. One day it was so bad that when her both brothers picked her up and took her home from school, she drew on all her old friends faces with pictures from old yearbooks and sports team pictures. When her brothers left for work she went and got a gun……. and you should know the rest of that. Her 2nd oldest brother said “that she was running from room to room” and he later figured out that she was looking for a gun. How would you feel if this happened to you? Rhee Gold was bullied for being a male dancer. He was excluded from school for dancing, and called ‘gay’ for doing something he loves. He was one of the few lucky ones to survive the torment. But that doesn't mean it was easy on him. He had to choose between doing what he loves and get bullied, or quit it and possibly still be bullied?  Well, why have a chance of getting bullied for both when you could still do your dream and get bullied then not do your dream and get bullied. Now Rhee owns a dance company and offers advice on how to stop bullying to parents. Now look who has a happy ending.
Kids can stop bullying because its them or their peers that are the bullies.  Adults can to but its harder to see because usually the kids who do it look like angels and well behaved, but trust me if you look and hear hard enough you can spy it and stop it. But other ways can be the victim can tell someone but its really hard to tell, or if you start up programs those sometimes can guilt the bully into admitting what their doing. All of this is a way to stop bullying, but first we need to actually pay attention and say something.  One quote I made up is ‘To chase your dreams you must first start running’ and my dream is to have all the bullying rates go down till theres none left. But in order for that I need help. I’m ending this letter with a thank you. Thank you for reading this. Thank you for taking time out of your day to just sit here and look at this, cause I know I’m not that special to have my one dream come true. But at least I know that I have one person reading this. One last quote I want you to read and think about is “Listen, and take a lesson from the dead”
Sincerly,
M. M.