To a Meek Valiant | Teen Ink

To a Meek Valiant

By Nimisha GOLD, Jaipur, Other
Nimisha GOLD, Jaipur, Other

If you give yourself absolutely to what you are doing, you are a natural devotee.

“You appear to be more like a lion to me- fierce, vicious and stalwart. A wild animal who shields his comrades and makes sure they are fenced and protected. You are a guardian, my dear king, who will go to any extent to see his folks get a sound sleep.
But, what about you? Will you get a sound sleep after entering into your dark cave tonight? Mighty king, you did your part today- some were gratified by your deeds, others were displeased. You played a fair game and that is what matters.
And now, when the sun has gone down, you return back to your cave. The cave is dark and cold, and you are aloof. You look sunburned today, I espy some emotional scars on your stout soul. Your loud roars turn into wails, and that is when I feel the need to step in. My footsteps haunt you. The cave again goes wordless; you retort, growl and command me to let you be. No, ferocious king, I am not leaving you this time. Parting would be hard for us, so let me in. I want you to usher me to your vulnerable side. Lay your bare, beating heart in front of me, tonight. Lament, mourn, complain, but don’t let this grief sink into numbness. Let me soothe this ire and maddening in your eyes. For you, the dauntless king, I will conduce your outrage. Let me stay with you, tonight. I might prove unsuccessful in untangling the intertwined strings of your ache, but I assure to propitiate your cave with an aura of helpfulness. I will be someone to hold you, to sit beside you muted, in complete obscurity, but let me in.
Lead me to the way to your heart, tonight.”

But, what about you? Will you get a sound sleep after entering into your dark cave tonight?