Life, Part 1 | Teen Ink

Life, Part 1 MAG

Is this what life is supposed to be like? I think I shifted to a mirror universe and this is just a bad reflection. I'm in eighth grade. I don't need this type of stress at my age. If you think you've got problems, I can assure you mine are worse. Have you ever felt that you don't know why things happen the way they do? Well, my life may be a lesson on how to deal with major stress.

First off, I'm an African-American male. To the majority of society, that means I'll have a bunch of kids and leave them with their mothers. It also means that I take drugs and will end up in jail before the age of 25. I was also born between 1986 and 1991 which means to some that I'm part of Generation X. This X is representative of the fact that this generation I'm part of has been "x'ed" out of society. According to most people today, our generation is nothing like past ones because we have something to say, which is most adults' way of saying we are opinionated. But, hey, that's a good thing. That means the stereotyping we are subjected to, we don't follow. We each have our own unique point of view. Isn't there more to life?

To be continued ...