Three Weighty Words | Teen Ink

Three Weighty Words

By megan7elizabeth SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
megan7elizabeth SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

You have to be odd to be number one - Dr. Seuss

They are the only ones who are desired. I am the only one who glorifies them. Three weighty words whose meaning is built up with each spoken letter. Three who we all want to hear from one cherished soul. Three universally spoken terms reflecting into each others eyes. From each breath and heartbeat, we say, mean, and feel each syllable.
     Their power is limitless. They make our hands glisten and our stomachs flip. They make our bad days good and our good days great and our great days amazing. This is how they keep us captivated with the sound of each others’ laughs.
     For both to encounter this euphoria is a doublet of superior spirit that will only strengthen with time. Forever, forever, forever, they say when we touch. They inspire.
     When I am lost, confused, distressed, or disheartened, then I hear the words. When there is little happiness or hope left. Three who bring me to you, and you to me. Three who are branded on each others’ hearts. Three whose reason is to ignite life in the soul of the other.

About me and my love.