Unforgettable | Teen Ink

Unforgettable MAG

By Anonymous

     I was already 15 minutes late. Nervously turning into her development, I found myself beginning to sweat under my suit jacket. My face was as red as the roses I had bought for Allyson, and my hands felt as though I had just taken off thick, heavy gloves. Clammy palms and all, I pulled up in front of her house and made my way to the door.

A mirror image of Allyson opened the door, and introduced herself as Ally's sister. Looking around I saw my friends elegantly dressed, smiling and filling the room with excitement. Then I laid eyes on the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, the same girl I see only in my dreams. She walked so gracefully; her eyes were the prettiest shade of blue, her dress outlined her figure, and her smile was so gorgeous it is still framed in my mind today. I'll never forget her first words, "Hey, what took so long? "

Extremely embarrassed, I took the corsage from its box and placed it on her wrist. She tried her hardest to pin on my boutonnière; she reminded me of a little girl trying to figure out how to dress her Barbie. Then we moved over to the piano, where we were illuminated with flashing lights that captured the two of us in this moment together. Then we made our way to our cars.

Like a gentleman, I opened her door and made sure she was comfortable. I climbed in, trying to be smooth and relaxed though I was getting nervous about my next move. This was something I had been longing for, a dream I wanted to make reality. On our way to dinner, I looked over at her, and she smiled. At that moment, goose bumps spread over my body. No one had ever made me feel this way. A simple yet powerful smile made my nervousness subside to a level where I was able to continue with my special plan.

Hidden in my glove box was a bouquet of roses, and inside the center rose was a note that said, "Will you go out with me?" Trying to be sly, I asked her to pull out some directions that were in the glove box. As she reached to open it, I gripped the steering wheel so hard my knuckles turned white. When she placed her hands on the handle, my heart stopped beating. As it opened, the flowers fell right into her hands. The look on her face was priceless. I remember that moment as if it happened yesterday. Allyson took the note from the center rose and opened it. After reading it, she stared straight ahead at the highway, then her face lit up as she turned to me.

Breaking the awkward silence, she said, "Yes ... yes." I felt as though I was soaring high in the sky, free from the world below. I remember her saying, "Thank you," so sweetly and softly. I just wanted to stop the car and hug her. I reached over with my hand, hoping she would take it. She reached over and placed her hand in mine. At the moment when our fingers locked together, we were connected, joined as one. This moment symbolized the beginning of life, joy and the desire for love. And to this very day, we are dancing around the world together, sharing the most amazing experiences, holding hands, in love.