Walking | Teen Ink

Walking MAG

I was walking around Amesville one night, at about ten. I was trying to find something to do, so I stopped at a friend's house. He opened the door, shirtless. He was really hyper and wired, laughing at everything from a joke to how I was tying my shoe. We went into his room where he was bouncing off the walls, and still laughing.

"Want to go outside and walk around or something?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure," he giggled.

After he finally got his shoes on, being distracted by things like footsteps, we went outside. The sky was clear and bright, but I couldn't enjoy it because my friend's hyperness annoyed me. He was definitely not fun to be around. He wasn't my friend, he was someone else.

I finally asked, "What is the matter with you?"

He just giggled some more and said, "Dude, I am stoned out of my mind!"

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. But I put it behind me since anyone can try it once. Even I had, but only once. I hoped this was just a one-time experiment for him, but that was not the case.

Week after week I had to hear about how his footsteps felt like earthquakes, how breaking potato chips rang his ears, how his vision was doubled, and I had to watch him act like a complete idiot.

By Christmas, he told me he'd quit, which he stuck to for a week. Then I yelled at him week after week, and he would try to "quit" week after week, but to this day, it has gotten nowhere.

When I watch him stoned, I watch some annoying guy act like a moron rather than one of my best friends. In fact, to me, it is like watching my best friend dying.

He is okay at times, but then he's stoned at others. If you are in a situation like this, talk to your friend, let him or her know how you feel, and let them know that you are not going to stand by and watch them die. I know I won't, and he knows it, too.

i love this so much!