I Am a Pair of Cleats | Teen Ink

I Am a Pair of Cleats

May 15, 2015
By basketball3232 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
basketball3232 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One morning a girl wakes up for school, she gets dressed, brushes her teeth and goes downstairs to make breakfast. While in the midst of eating her cereal she is also trying to finish up last minute homework and pack a lunch. When it is time to leave the girl slips on her shoes and tightens up the laces.

By 5th hour she is exhausted already. However, lunchtime gives her a break for the day, time to catch up with friends but, also time to study for the math test she has 8th hour. Three class periods and a cup of coffee later, it is time to change into shorts and a t-shirt and one more time tighten up her gym shoe laces and head out to the field.

After school she races home to grab basketball shorts and a t-shirt and head over for a workout. After an hour and a half workout she will then need to go straight to practice. Where she will lace up her cleats for the last time.

Finally when she gets home at 8:30 she can relax. No more running around. No more change in direction. And no more change in uniform. This time she unties her laces, heads straight up to her room and goes to bed because she knows, in what seems like a few hours away, she will need to lace up her shoes again and start it all over.