The Elephant Man | Teen Ink

The Elephant Man

May 9, 2015
By Leslie BRONZE, Oakley, California
Leslie BRONZE, Oakley, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The elephant man is beautiful, he may be different but hes the same as you and I. His name is Joseph Carry Merrick, and he's not perfect,but neither is anybody else. He was probably made fun of his whole life, and nobody deserves that. People should know that karma comes back around, they hurt him. Maybe John was a great friend, and you were never there? Maybe he cried himself to sleep endless times because you were never there, and you somehow made it worse? Just think about the things you do to other people because you could be hurting them badly. Then, someone helped him, loved him, something you wouldn't do. This wonderful man taught Joseph how to speak, read, wright, walk, talk to beautiful women,and he was so happy! He took him out of your home and under his own wing to save his life, he made him a better man. John Carry Merrick is not the "Elephant Man", he is "Romeo"!


The author's comments:

This piece is based on a movie called the Elephant Man, it's based on a movie about a man who has a deformity and looks like an elephant and he's made fun of a lot. He has Bronchitos so he cant lay down , he lives in a circuis, but one man decides to change his life and take him out of the circuis and let's him live with him and everybody accepts him. It' a beautiful movie and i think everybody should watch it. (movie was published in 1988)