Always There | Teen Ink

Always There MAG

Love would be a sweet thing if everyone knew how to use it. I learned the hard way. It started full of happiness, special times spent together and magical memories. Then it went downhill. Many people are too busy trying to find love to notice what is really important. I have come to the realization that the relationships we build and continue to build are what’s important in the long run.

I fell in love about a year ago, and we were inseparable. I thought we would last a lifetime, so I started neglecting my friends and family. I was so wrapped up in how he felt that I forgot about those who knew me best. He became my new best friend and nothing else mattered.

Then the day came when we decided it was over. Tears, pain and anger ran through my mind every day after the break-up. I turned to my family and friends for support but found I had lost that special bond with some of them. I asked for forgiveness and realized I had been selfish to think I could treat them that way.

I had been too wrapped up in love and dreams to notice what I was losing. I can’t imagine hurting my friends and family again. I am there for them in every way because I have been through heartache and lost trust. I should have realized that spending time with my family and friends is priceless. Boys will come and go, but my true friends and family will always be there. I was too involved with teenage love to realize that. Now I know what is important in my world: the special bond I have with my family and friends.