My Opinion on Gay, Bi, and Transgenders | Teen Ink

My Opinion on Gay, Bi, and Transgenders

By liveYOURlifeandloveit BRONZE, Spring City, Pennsylvania
liveYOURlifeandloveit BRONZE, Spring City, Pennsylvania

"You may have won the war, but you will never take my crown." -Ronnie Radke

Do you ever find yourself thinking about how people that are gay, bi, and transgender, are weird, different, outcasts? Well, they shouldn’t be. Just because someone likes the same gender as well as the opposite, or just likes the same gender, it doesn’t mean they are that different from you and I. Same thing with someone being or acting of a different gender than their own.

People shouldn’t be protesting or judging Gay Rights. What if your best friend, or even a relative, was gay? Bisexual? Transgender? What would you do then? would you still say it’s wrong, shut them out, prevent them for being themselves? What if you yourself ended up being one of them? What would you do then? Continue with your judgement, protests, all the while ignoring who you really are?
    When I found out that my one friend was bisexual, I didn’t shut her out. I didn’t become weird around her, or act different. In fact, we became even closer than before. If you or someone you love/know is gay, bi, or transgender, they haven’t changed. They are still themselves. They have never changed. Think about that the next time you judge someone.