Author's Page | Teen Ink

Author's Page

Rebecca currently lives Wisconsin with her family of four. Which include her mom, dad and younger sister. She has two cats and an impossible dog that she fears will never grow out of the puppy stage. She has lived in the same house all her life and looks forward to leaving for college. She aspires to be a journalist one day and share her thoughts and ideas with the rest of the world. For now she spends her days playing soccer, working, and hanging out with her friends when she isn’t occupied with school work or other commitments.

Rebecca has a passion for traveling and hopes that a career in journalism will allow her to journey all over the world to write about different cultures and environments. So far, the furthest away from Wisconsin she’s been is Ixtapa, Mexico. Of all the places she wishes to travel, Fiji is number one; however, for a price of 1000 dollars a night that dream seems unreachable, but maybe someday when she marries a millionaire. On the other hand, when Rebecca isn’t daydreaming about the beaches in Fiji she also enjoys the winter months. Winter being boring and cold, just doesn’t settle with Rebecca so a few years ago she took up snowboarding and ever since it has been her favorite hobby. Rebecca is torn between two worlds, a world where winter is all year round and she can snowboard whenever she pleases, and a world where winter is no longer present, but instead a 90 degree day with the ocean only footsteps away. She hopes to find a way to coexist in both worlds, but the answer is a story waiting to be written.

Rebecca’s friends describe her as an outgoing, energetic, and sometimes brutally honest person, but all together fun to be around. Most people’s first impression of her is that she is quiet and collected, but once you get to know her you’ll discover she’s the exact opposite. Trusting people she doesn’t know isn’t something you’ll find her doing very often. She makes lasting friendships and can always find a way to cheer you up when you’re feeling under the weather.

In the future, Rebecca dreams of owning a beautiful apartment in New York City, well, a decent enough apartment that her debuting job of a journalist will hopefully cover the rent. Traveling will be a necessity and a chance to learn about the world she knows so little about. But for now, Rebecca takes her life one day at a time, living her life to the fullest.