Dreams This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Dreams are extremely important. You can’t do it unless you imagine it.” - George Lucas

Without dreams or goals, what are you working toward? Those who succeed are those who dream the biggest dreams. My dream will become a reality.

I have dreamed of becoming a lawyer my entire life. I used to watch every law show and movie and picture myself in the characters’ shoes. My favorite was “A Few Good Men” and I used to pretend I was Tom Cruise in that courtroom, defending those soldiers’ lives. Just the thought of saving someone’s life in court is worth what I have to go through to become a lawyer.

To pursue my dream, I will have to work hard. In my high school career I have striven to be the best I can be and have always had at least a 4.0 GPA. I hope that if I keep working hard not just in the classroom but on the baseball field, I might be able to win a scholarship. I would like to attend law school at the University of Arkansas. I know that to my friends my dreams sound a little unlikely, considering how many lawyers come out of my hometown, but the only dream that is far-fetched is having no dream at all.

I believe I have the qualities to become a great lawyer. I get into arguments all the time because I’m the most stubborn person alive. People usually agree with what I say, or they give up and tell me that I could argue with a brick wall. I know I’m not a genius, but I am pretty intelligent. If I put my mind to it, I believe I can do anything. If I stay on the right path, I will succeed.

I believe I have a realistic dream and that if I follow my heart, it will come true. I have wanted to be a lawyer my whole life, and, maybe 15 years from now, I can look back and be proud of my accomplishments.