Photoshop | Teen Ink

Photoshop

March 24, 2015
By Lindsay Patterson SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Lindsay Patterson SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In the many years I’ve been in school, I’ve had fun classes.  I wouldn’t say that they were the absolute most fun classes ever, but they were fun.  My freshman year of high school, that all changed.  I had an extra class period open on my schedule and had no idea what to take.  Our counselor suggested I take a gym class or a health class, but I didn’t need either of those.  My only option left was Art or Photoshop.  Considering I was terrible at drawing and anything like that, I figured Photoshop was my best choice and I signed up to take it all year long. 


The first day of school rolls around, and I’m already exhausted after only a few class periods.  I go to lunch and catch up with my friends and we discuss how all of our days have gone so far.  After eating, I head to my sixth period class, which happens to be Photoshop.  I was fairly nervous since I had no idea who was in my class.  I knew that three of my close friends were in it with me, but that was all.  I walked in the classroom and saw that I knew everyone, which I was so grateful for.  After the first month or two of that class, I was so upset.  I wasn’t getting good grades and honestly, I wasn’t having much fun either.  It was too late to drop the class, so I had to learn to suck it up and deal with it.


Only a few weeks after that, I was having so much fun.  Sadly, that was towards the end of the semester.  After the first semester was done, half of our class would leave including some of my closest friends.  I’ll be honest, I cried.  I knew it would be fine, but I was still upset that our class was going from twelve kids to just six within a day’s time.  Now though, our class is either just as fun or more fun than it was before.  Most of us consider our teacher another mother figure and she considers us her children.  We are like a family and I will forever be grateful to them for that.  Most people never become that close with their teachers or classmates to be able to call them family.  I’m glad I am able to do that.  I absolutely love all of them and wouldn’t trade them for the world.