How Do Electronic Devices Affect Our Lives? | Teen Ink

How Do Electronic Devices Affect Our Lives?

By The_flying_unicorn SILVER, Princteon Junction, New Jersey
The_flying_unicorn SILVER, Princteon Junction, New Jersey

Remember when you woke up? What did  you do first? I guess it use to take out your phone to check on the time, to set off the alarm clock or just to check if there is any text message. Now phones, tablets and computer have become part of our lifestyle. We just take out our phones to play games or log on to social network without realizing.
According to the Consumer Electronics Association, the average American household spent $1,380 over the past year on consumer electronics (CE), such as HDTVs, cell phones, video game systems, computers, portable music devices, and Blu-ray players. Even though we sit next to each other or on  the same floor, we won’t even talk. Now most of the people are focusing on using their phone to socialize. We text our friend instead of calling them, and we post comments on others’ social network sites instead of going to a real show. Even though the  internet and electronics may bring  people closer, in another way it separates people more. When we do not talk to each other, such as during a party, most of the people just play on their phones and post pictures on Facebook instead of really enjoying it. Before starting to eat a meal, we take a picture and post it, showing off what we eat, even though it is just McDonald’s.
Now electronic devices have strongly affected our lives in many ways. Whether it  is communications, loves like weddings or posting loving comments) or friendship, now there are new ways to show it. We communicate by texting each other, show love by creating a page or send a love email, we show friendship by always “liking” the comments they make.  Electronic communication has changed our lives.