The Depth Within Love | Teen Ink

The Depth Within Love

February 18, 2015
By Ann Horie SILVER, Surrey, Other
Ann Horie SILVER, Surrey, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

LOVE:

 

A word that has the power to hold so much depth. A word that describes an indescribable feeling within you; a word that sometimes doesn’t seem long enough to express the way you feel. A word that is sometimes so frightening you don’t know how to  approach it. It is hard to understand, it is hard to process. One can be fearful when they realize their attachment to someone is increasing, continually growing. It can be an over thinkers worst nightmare. Having to accept that there is not further explanation but that you are simply in love and there is nothing more to read into. Some will be daunted by this explosion of emotions, some will never understand. As love is not something concrete that you have the ability to touch and feel between your finger tips. Love is not something you can stare at and analyze what lies beneath it, it is not something you can experience with all five senses. It is strictly a feeling within your heart and soul. A feeling that you have to accept and trust that it is there. Something that you will hopefully; if you’re lucky, get to share and expose to another human being who contributes the same explosion of desire.

Love does not have a time frame. You do not have the ability to turn a switch on and off within yourself, you are free to love at the speed you desire. Society portrays an image that there is a specific way you are supposed to be in love. That there is a check list describing that after a specific amount of time you can move to the next step. But why should you or I be conformists. We are our own unit, we have the power to follow our own path and do what we feel is best. Whether that be driving a race car or just simply taking a slow stroll down this windy path we all call love.

Love is a confusing sensation, lying within it is so much intensity. I feel as though some people spend there whole life searching for what I believe I have already found. I never believed or even had the mind space to process the term love at first site until I met him; met you. It feels as though a roller coaster stopped next to us once I claimed him mine and we both jumped on and buckled up. There was one moment of slow motion, as we pulled away from that first station we both allowed our eyes to read the sign that read expect high intensity ahead. And since that day that we raced away from that first station, both so ready to take on the world, both feeling so empowered, so liberated, we haven’t looked back once. I believe that after living a short twenty years I have had the pleasure to find the person who completes the other half of my heart. He fills that void that I never realized was there. My emotions have so much more forcefulness to them now. I catch myself day dreaming about all the wonderful mile stones we will hit as the days, months, and years pass by. I am excited for the mystery events to follow because I know he will be there standing next to me. I don’t have one doubt about the way I feel; which is such a beautiful experience all on its own.

Sometimes I believe that love makes one go completely mad. You can’t control it, your heart has forced a feeling upon you that you have to accept. Weaving its way into your veins, uncovering itself through your whole body. It camps out in your mind and it will never completely leave. There is nothing more rewarding then being able to yell to the world and show that one special person just how much they mean to you. I place confidence in the statement that something shifts within your body when you fall in love. Your mind will work differently, some how it seems as though there is nothing more you want then for your significant other to be completely one hundred percent happy; and you are prepared to do whatever it takes to make sure this stays constant. Their body becomes apart of you as does yours to them. There is an invisible chain tying you together that will remain forever; even though forever doesn’t seem long enough. When you know you know, another statement I never had the mind space to process. It seemed so complicated, so much larger then it actually is. But when you are the person standing in that position, there isn't even one moment that makes you look back. You feel like there is nothing more to do but charge forward and take on the world together.

There is nothing more beautiful then finding your constant. The world might throw curve balls turning your entire life upside down leaving you feeling as though you have lost all familiarity, but when you find that one person that completes your heart and makes you feel whole it doesn’t seem so scary anymore.

I have found the person that makes me feel whole, feel completed. I have fallen madly in love with a boy who makes my heart happy. In my eyes he is the perfect human being to choose as my forever and I couldn’t be more joyed to claim him mine, claim him as my constant.


The author's comments:

An inspiration from the one I love.