what matters most to me | Teen Ink

what matters most to me

January 27, 2015
By Briana.Pruitt BRONZE, Highland Home, Alabama
Briana.Pruitt BRONZE, Highland Home, Alabama
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

          What matters most to you? Allot of you may answer with your friends, your appearance, or your cellphone. As for me what matters most to me is what I leave behind. One day your friends may leave you, your appearance will not always be perfect, and your cellphone may not always be important. I'm not saying that this is the overall most important thing to me but what me or any of you leave behind will have a lasting effect. A legacy is what keeps most people alive long after there dead. 
          Through all the people I've lost in life it's made me realize that people will not always be there. No matter if there gone or if there just not the friends you thought they were. All your going to have left of them is the memories they left you with. The legacy of someone is all your going to have left. Once there gone there gone and you won't be able to get second chances.
          My sister was shot and killed hours after I got off the phone with her. All I have left of her is her memory. She was my best friend and she was the person who always made me laugh when I felt like crying. Her legacy is the last thing of her I have to hold onto.  My brother- in-law was shot and killed only a day after I saw him. We never know when we're going to go and we can't have extra time. So again the only thing I have left of him is his memory. His lasting smile and his ability to make anyone laugh. His legacy like my sisters is all me and my family have left of them.
          When I get older and the friends I had are gone and we've all taken our own path. My family will all be old and not like they used to be. I want to look back and know I left a lasting impression on everyone I came in contact with. I may not be known for impossibly good looks, my incredible amount of friends, or my scholor grades. I want to be remember for my personality, my determination, or my ability to carry on.
           Through all the things I can say I've been through I want to be known for staying strong through it all to have my head up through the worst of times. To be able to come out alive, even though I've been through Hell, I want to be remembered for having a miracle in the end. I want to have a legacy people will be able to look back on and smile and get strength from. To be inspired from my hard time and help the, go through there's.


The author's comments:

What matters most to me. What I find important.