A Ski Hill | Teen Ink

A Ski Hill

By Saheebd GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Saheebd GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Fresh fallen flakes coat the groomed hill, only to be disheveled a few moments later by boards of wood and metal. Skiing has been a common winter pastime for centuries, and Waukesha County has its own private ski club located on Mary Hill Rd in Sussex.
The hill dates back to the 1950s. The view from the top of the hill spans for miles. A view of Holy Hill is even included! The name Ausblick means “scenic view” or “overlook” and he letters rearranged even say “A ski hill.”
The hill is not only for private members, but also for racers too. Each Tuesday and Thursday night, Ausblick opens its lifts for over 140 race members and coaches to help bring victory back home to the hill.
The hill is also equipped with its very own ski school. The ski school helps beginner skiers and snowboarders accomplish their goals by the end of the first lesson.
The hill is fun for all ages. A ski carnival in February to raise funds for the ski patrol is the cherry on top. This event has been a tradition for years. Mogul competitions, raffles, and toboggan rides are just a few of the events that happen on that fun filled day.
The hill has plenty for all. Whether you just want to spend the day inside, or tear up the hill, Ausblick is your place to go. This is why Ausblick is a true treasure of Waukesha County.