Illegal Immigrants Receiving Driver's License | Teen Ink

Illegal Immigrants Receiving Driver's License

By Mahhdio BRONZE, Fallbrook, California
Mahhdio BRONZE, Fallbrook, California

On January 1st, people that illegally reside in California, not paying taxing or giving their share to society, are allowed to get their drivers license. On the first day 11,000 people had applied for special licenses. This law makes no sense, why encourage illegal immigrants to come to our country without documentation? It’s dangerous, expensive and against our country’s values.
It’s dangerous to allow undocumented people flock into our country by the thousands. We don’t know their criminal record or where they’re from. Here are some statistics are their crime rates: Illegal aliens kill 13 Americans every day driving under the influence, 23% of deportations were because of drug related offenses and 12% violent crimes, 53% of all burglaries in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas were committed by Illegal aliens, 75% of those on the most wanted criminals list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens, also they brought the most dangerous gang in the world, MS-13, into America. Here is a statement from Rolando Mota-Campos, “United States is stupid … I come back every time,” He has been arrested for four DUI’s, assault, abduction, vehicular assault, attempted robbery and domestic violence. He has been deported three times and says he will return again.
It’s not doubt expensive to keep them in our country when they don’t pay taxes or any fee like us. A study released from FAIR shows that illegal immigrants in California cost $25.3 billion per year. Why are we encouraging illegal immigration with all of these statistics provided to us?
My Grandfather and Great-Grandfather Emigrated here legally from Italy to Ellis Island and worked honestly. They went through the trouble of learning English and my Grandfather Mario was hit when he would try to speak Italian at home, it was a new start my Great-Grandfather Alfredo said. We should encourage this type of immigration so the immigrants can pay taxes and contribute to what makes this country great.
This law increases California’s debt, increase crime rates, and devalue the American Dream.