My Trampoline Accidents | Teen Ink

My Trampoline Accidents

My Trampoline Accidents

When I was younger I always loved jumping on the trampoline. For the most part it was always fun, but there were a couple of times that were painful.

The first time was when my sisters and I were jumping together. We were playing a game where you bounce as high as you can and then fall on your butt when someone yells “fall.” Doing this causes you to fly really high. Most of the time I was the one that shot up the highest because I was the smallest, but this one time it was Heather that bounced the highest.

We started jumping and someone said, “One, two, three, butt-busters fall.” We fell at the same time and Heather flew up. I was watching her as she dropped back down and realized that she was right above me. I didn’t have time to move, so I curled up in a ball, hoping that I wasn’t in her way.

“Ow!” I screamed as she landed on top of me.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” she asked. I could tell she felt bad.

“Yeah, I’m okay, but I think I’m done jumping for a while,” I said. It didn’t really hurt that bad since the trampoline sank a little when she hit, but we all stopped jumping anyway.

The second time I got hurt I was jumping with my cousin, Carson. She was teaching me how to flip and land on my feet. It wasn’t working very well because every time I flipped I fell on my butt.

“I can’t do it,” I whine in frustration.

“Here, let me show you how to do it a couple more times,” Carson said. She flipped and stuck perfectly on her feet.

I tried again, but I kept stumbling backward when I landed.

“Stay tucked when you turn in the air, and stiffen up when you land,” Carson said.

I tried one last time. As I spun in the air I pulled my knees up and locked my arms around them to stay tucked. After I somersaulted in the air once I sort of forgot to let go of my knees and started to flip again. I couldn’t make it around again before I dove head first into the trampoline.

“Ow,” I moaned as I sat up with a skinned up nose and chin.

After this I stopped trying to do tricks. I didn’t want any repeats of what had already happened.