Life of a Gamer | Teen Ink

Life of a Gamer

By Jonathan_Tronathan BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
Jonathan_Tronathan BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas

"Get shrekt, m80." -Titus Seagraves

Being a gamer has many advantages. But it also has its disadvantages at times. These always work against each other somehow at certain times while gaming. I will explain a few things that goes on while gaming.
When you game, you are playing as another person who seems to help in a critical way or somehow destroy everything in their universe. You can help and become a hero, or ruthlessly kill and become nothing but a villain. These choices all affect the story and can assure you live or make sure you die. This is called “notoriety,” and it can change a lot of things. It can change your character’s life, popularity, and even the end of the story. Try avoiding this when gaming. It can impact harder than it seems.
The advantages of being a gamer are you can be intrigued with almost any type of game. You can like open-world games, First Person Shooters, Third Person Shooters, Indie games, RPGs, etc. The list goes on and on and on. Another is being able to like more than one game. You can like Assassin’s Creed, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Splinter Cell, Fallout, any game series. Last one is that you can always be another person in another universe in another time period. You can be good, liked, and be a hero or you can bad, disliked, and be a ruthless villain. You can pick your poison.
But to counter against all of these just listed are the disadvantages.  One disadvantage is the wars between gaming consoles and gaming PCs. People fighting about which is better. “Xbox vs. PlayStation,” “PlayStation vs. PC,” “Xbox vs. PC,” it’ll keep on happening. Another is that you’ll probably be mocked for how much you play games. You will probably be called things like “Game head,” “nerd,” or “geek.” You will probably an outcast in today’s society. Last one is how you and other people will probably fight over which game is better than the other. It’s all based on two things, graphics and gameplay. The most popular fight between games is the dispute between Call of Duty and Battlefield. This has been going on for quite a while. This shows how people will fight to defend these games. There are people who play both series’ of games and will still fight for one. As long as the series is still alive and thriving, people will fight for, or against it until they realize that it’s an idiotic thing to do.
Gamers will keep being themselves. They’re brutal; they don’t care anybody else except some of their friends. Even then, they don’t care for their friends. They’re violent, mean, and they can hurt you. But there are nice gamers; you can probably stay around those kinds of the community. But be weary, the community is growing and there are plenty gamers who can be nice to you, or they can hurt you.
Gamers, no matter how tall or short, thin or wide, smart or stupid will never change. Nothing will ever change in the community, EVER. From the love in gaming to the hate in the flame wars, the only that’ll change is the population.