"Practice makes perfect" | Teen Ink

"Practice makes perfect"

October 27, 2014
By tylerw5 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
tylerw5 BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One thing in life that i feel that I have got better at is batting in baseball. I
know i have improved in batting because i was batting around .300 and now i'm batting around .375 because i practiced and practiced all summer. I used to think that the way i was preparing in the on deck circle was good, but now i know that if i swing as the ball is being pitched it will help me be prepared. It feels good to know that i'm batting batter because no one wants to stay in the same place all their life everyone wants to do better.

For example when you are bowling you try to get a better score than last time if you're at a 100 points in a game try and go for 105 so that way you beat your score from last game. my batting i think has improved a lot because after a game when my team lost and we didn't bat that good our coach told us “we will go to the batting cages for a practice so everyone can get better at moving the bat a bit faster.” After the batting cages i noticed my swing was faster than before, all that i look to do in anything that i can get better at is to improve in any and everything i do. another useful item i use is a donut which i put on my bat to make my swing faster so that way when i get up to the plate i can hit the ball as far as i possibly can.

I feel that practicing is more fun than games because i can improve and get better. Games are fun but you're not improving your playing at the same level that you were at when you left the last practice you had.Me likeing practice more is just my opinon i like to improve that way in the long run when i want to play baseball i can be good to play for fun and i will be playing to the best of my abbilty. the games that are fun are the games that the other teams pitchers are slow pitchers that way i can hit the ball hard and far. Otherwise practicing is what is way more fun for me.