The Storm | Teen Ink

The Storm

The storm hit me today the minute my boyfriend said our relationship was over. You see, I had been dating this guy for six months and prior to that I had been talking to him for two years. I never thought my world would come crashing down on me coming to an abrupt end. I thought it was love at first site, but then the lighting came and struck my heart. It was as if my heart was a house and the lightning just took every bit and piece of that house, and brought it down to the ground. I thought what we had was special, and that he was different than any other guy I had ever met.
The past six months had been the best times of my life until about a week ago. The hurricane in him came out. He just seemed to argue with me as if every little thing I did was an uproar of thunder. He made me feel I was the reason for all the troubles he was having, and that just wasn’t fair to me. It ultimately brought destruction, loss in power or love, and loss in a foundation or home of comfort. There’s only so much you can do to prepare for a storm and a break up. I never thought this would happen to me, I was ready for anything the rain, hail, lightning, and thunder. I guess it’s just like a tornado, you never know when it’s going to hit and ruin everything.
Ultimately, at the end of a storm you find comfort in knowing that your community will come together after a devastating blow, and that support will help rebuild. The family is that support when a storm destroys your heart. You see after every storm the sun comes out and embraces us with sunlight. As much as we try to avoid storms there is nothing we can do. We must take them as they come and hope for the best out of all of it. Yes, they are destructive, but God has a better plan for us and only good things can come of it. No matter what kind of storm it may be, whether it’s a tornado, a hurricane, or a blow to the heart, time is the perfect healer.