Just a Dream... | Teen Ink

Just a Dream...

It was dark and quite all i could hear was the soft rhythm of jazz.I was all alone looking up at the twinkling stars.AsI walked by the small, flushed dinner.I smelt the sweetest smell of apple pie.I knew that I wanted at least one slice but I had somewhere to be.Not yet did I know where I was going but that i had to get there fast.
All of the sudden i could hear faint foot steps behind me but I was to scared to look back.My breath was coming harder by the second, and my heart rate was unusally high.Before I knew it I was running, running as fast as I possibly could.I was looking down twoards my feet, down to the cold concrete ground.I fealt something coming at me, something hard.I stopped abruptaly, tripping myself I fell to the ground.Falling unconcious I drifted off.
When I came to I softly moved around and felt what seamed to be a pillow.I opened my eyes and looked around.Blurry at first it cleared up to become my bedroom...it was all a dream.Still for some reason my knee was hurting right where I had fell.As I set up slowly my knee had a huge scrape on it.How was this happening?It was just a dream...

witney moore said...
on Jan. 5 2009 at 2:12 am
hey alsome job u should read some of mine and i would like to read more poems of yours