Doggie Disasters | Teen Ink

Doggie Disasters

No one really knows what happened to my dog that day. Some say he ran away. Some people even think he got ran over. I think he got stolen. I even have proof that my dog got stolen. I will never blame any one for what happened to Casey that day.

Let me tell you a little bit about Casey. Casey was a small blond Pomeranian. He was so soft, that I would lay on him and think he was a pillow or blanket. The only problem with his soft fur was that he sheds a lot. He was the weirdest dog you could ever meet. When he was a puppy, he would play with cats. And he would actually act like a cat too. Casey was so smart too. When he ran away a lot when he was puppy, he would always come back, Even if he was two miles away, or five miles away.

My dog, Casey, was about six years old when he disappeared. I had gotten him when I was like three, and had him since. He was bought for me, and only me. Not for my dad, mom, or brother. He was mine.

The day Casey disappeared, we had gone to the mall, and shopped for about two hours. We had gotten back from the mall to find out that he was gone. We weren’t very worried, because he ran away all the time. We drove around for a few minutes around the block looking for him; we soon got really worried about him. He was never gone that long before. When my parents started giving up, I started getting even more worried.

I started looking around the yard to see where he could have gotten out. Soon, I realized that there was no place he could get out of. All the gates were closed, there were no holes along the fences, and all of our neighbors never go near our house because of our other puppy, Ichi. Ichi was mean, loud, and was jumpy. (He recently died.)

There was no way Casey could have gotten out. Yet we still don’t know what happened to him. My mom says she sees an old man with a Pomeranian that looks exactly like Casey. I have seen the same old man walking around South. It does look like Casey, but I guess I’ll never know.