religion outline | Teen Ink

religion outline

December 3, 2008
By Anonymous

One of the major things that the world deals with is religion. There are many different religions and most of them are based on a Higher Power. Then there are the ones that believe in a idol such as Buddha. A few of the major religions in the world are: Christian with 33% of the world, Islam with 20%, Hinduism with 13%, Buddhism with 5.9%.
Christians believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and the Messiah (Christ) prophesied in the Hebrew Bible. Christians believe that Jesus Christ is a teacher, the model of a virtuous life, the revealer of God, as well as an incarnation of God, and most importantly the savior of humanity who suffered, died, and was resurrected to bring about salvation from sin. Christians maintain that Jesus ascended into heaven, and most denominations teach that Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead, granting everlasting life to his followers. As a Christian, I believe that Jesus has a plan for us and it is not to harm us but to give us a future and a hope. As said in Jeremiah 29:11. He doesn’t judge us by what we bring to the table as long as its what we are able, but he judges us by what’s inside and the only way to heaven is through him and him alone.
Islam is an Abrahamic religion originating with the teachings of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, a 7th century Arab religious and political figure. The word Islam means "submission", or the total surrender of oneself to God. Islam is also known as Muslim. There are between 1 billion and 1.8 billion Muslims, making Islam the second-largest religion in the world, after Christianity.
And the last one that I am going to talk about is Buddhism. Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices considered by many people to be a religion. Buddhism is based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as "The Buddha" also known as the Awakened One, who lived in the northeastern region of the Indian subcontinent and probably died about 400 B.C.E. Buddhists recognize him as an awakened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end their suffering by understanding the true nature of phenomena, thereby escaping the cycle of suffering and rebirth. They have the Buddha to resemble Siddhartha Gautama.
The other religions make up the rest along with irreligion and the atheists. In the conclusion of this, I don’t know why there are so many different religions when most of them believe that there is some sort of higher power.