Christmas | Teen Ink

Christmas

By bdraper97 BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
bdraper97 BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

The first snow of the year brings so much joy to me, because it’s a sign that Christmas is on its way.  Christmas is the annual Christian celebration or Christ’s birth, celebrated on December 25th, and while many people don’t view it that way, I do. I don’t believe that Christmas is all about how many gifts are wrapped under the tree with your name on them or how much money you got in your cards. I believe that Christmas is a time of giving, in a way of showing appreciation to not only Jesus, but everyone you love. Jesus died for us, so loving and giving to one another is a way of repaying him and showing appreciation. It’s about spending time with the ones you love, and enjoying the most wonderful time of the year. From a non-religious stand point, Christmas is more about Santa Clause than anything else, and that’s okay. Santa is also known as St. Nicholas and Kris Kringle, is a legendary figure who is said to bring gifts to the homes of good children on Christmas Eve. He rides his sleigh that his reindeer fly, lands on the roofs of houses, and slides down the chimney to place gifts under the tree and eat his milk and cookies.  Santa Clause is a big reason that children get so excited over Christmas time.