Humans. Robots, and Cancer | Teen Ink

Humans. Robots, and Cancer

By kellBellz SILVER, Winona, Minnesota
kellBellz SILVER, Winona, Minnesota

"The only person you hold try and be better than is the person you were yesterday"

“We’re all human, and we all make mistakes.” Am I the only one to hear this several times in a week? Well, it’s true, we are all human, we all make mistakes and feel bad. We all have feelings that can be hurt or crushed. But the question comes to be, have you ever thought about the future? Specifically about us as humans, advanced humans as robots, and one of the major things that takes our lives, we call it cancer.

When we were kids, we had no fear of anything: cold water, mud, a drink from the hose. We even liked to play with animals that we shouldn’t have even been around! We did things because we thought it was cool and we did things to fit in. Here we are, we still do things as teens to fit in with others. Life is like a rollercoaster, we are going to go through emotions and feelings, it is all an adventure.

Did you hear the talk of the invention of robots, where it does the house cleaning? I personally think that having robots wouldn’t only be weird but also would feel like we are completely insane. I mean come on, we’re so lazy that we can’t do our own household chores. Some people have kids that can help out and others have family they live with, but sometimes they make the mess. So, either way, someone has to do the chores around the house, and if it isn’t you then who? So this is where they bring in the robot. I can only imagine how much this thing could possibly cost, but it is also scary to think how popular or common it may become.

Having some weird object cleaning your house, let alone it be a robot. To have this come about and to think if it will really  happen makes that crazy question come: “Will robots take over the world, like they say aliens will land?” If you are one of those people who think deep into aliens, robots, and the world ending, what do you think about robots? Have you ever thought about the way we treat our world. What really is killing off the world? I personally do not think it will be aliens or robots or any kind of creature; rather, what we already have, humans.
Cancer, we have cancer. They say there are cures for it in certain countries. They say cancer can be caused by just about anything: smoking cigarettes, tanning, junk food, and basically anything a human does. I had a friend who passed away from cancer because she was relying on the Morning After pill instead of an alternative option. Honestly, there is about anything that causes cancer. There are so many different types too. We can barely keep up with them all.

The three important things, or things that may become more important in the future: humans, robots, and cancer. There are little things that tie them together. We’re humans and we overtake the world. We have the knowledge, functioning brain, and body with the abilities to do things other mammals can’t. Robots will be the next thing to do what we do. Household chores, work, everything we don’t want to do, a robot can.

Lastly, cancer. Cancer is something that is very well known to be taking peoples lives away. That families spend a lot of money to help their family member feel better. But in the end, they lose the tough battle anyway. Cancer is a disease caused by abnormal cells that cannot be controlled. Cancer has no cure, yet 6,876,600 males in the U.S and 7,607,203 females in the U.S. have cancer - it is always a changing number.

I personally feel that these three things are very imprtant, I even strung them together so you can see where I am coming from. I hope a reader gains that they see these things as importance and not just something that should be brushed off and put to the side. These should be put into consideration, I think, of how our world is - what is effecting us.