Peer Pressure | Teen Ink

Peer Pressure

By Josh Byron BRONZE, Dulles, Virginia
Josh Byron BRONZE, Dulles, Virginia

The cool air blew in my face. Goosebumps ran down my spine. The music hit my face suddenly. I had totally forgotten where I was. I turned around to see the view. It was beautiful, but what was I doing here? I am not this person. What is this drink doing in my hand? I am a fake. I centered all my strength to my hand and I threw the cup as high as I could.

I turned my back to view the party. My sister was in the V.I.P. section. She was dancing with a bottle in her hand. She was abasing herself. The green bottle filled with evil. It changes her.

I ran down the steps, which were right next to me. I threw up as soon as I hit the bottom, but not because of what you would think. I threw up in disgust. I felt disgusted by myself. Disgusted at the world. The world I don't belong in. The threw up hit my shirt. The shirt that I bought in Target last summer. I walked back up. My "friend" was at the top of the stairs. He was wearing a $110 Ed Hardy shirt. I did not belong here, I pushed my friend aside and walked out of the party. The next thing I knew I was laying on the ground, disoriented. A bright light was hitting my face. I closed my eyes. When I opened them I was sitting on a bed, in a hospital. I had definitely made a bad choice by going to that party, one which I will never do again.

Hi, my name is Josh. I have lived in eight of the poorest countries in the world: El Salvador, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Paraguay, Bolivia, Haiti, and soon-to-be Honduras. I love my dad and my mom. :)

m_nakita01 said...
great style of writing...... Definitely real and overwhelming, but in a good way; like a roomful of emotion on one page. Keep it up.

Gregory98 said...
Wow, this is great! Its so........gritty. And real. The author just spit everything out. Wow.I mean, the word choice could have been better, but thius is pretty good.

Seven* For where it says "Author´s Comments About This Article"