Peer Pressure | Teen Ink

Peer Pressure

December 11, 2008
By Josh Byron BRONZE, Dulles, Virginia
Josh Byron BRONZE, Dulles, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The cool air blew in my face. Goosebumps ran down my spine. The music hit my face suddenly. I had totally forgotten where I was. I turned around to see the view. It was beautiful, but what was I doing here? I am not this person. What is this drink doing in my hand? I am a fake. I centered all my strength to my hand and I threw the cup as high as I could.

I turned my back to view the party. My sister was in the V.I.P. section. She was dancing with a bottle in her hand. She was abasing herself. The green bottle filled with evil. It changes her.

I ran down the steps, which were right next to me. I threw up as soon as I hit the bottom, but not because of what you would think. I threw up in disgust. I felt disgusted by myself. Disgusted at the world. The world I don't belong in. The threw up hit my shirt. The shirt that I bought in Target last summer. I walked back up. My "friend" was at the top of the stairs. He was wearing a $110 Ed Hardy shirt. I did not belong here, I pushed my friend aside and walked out of the party. The next thing I knew I was laying on the ground, disoriented. A bright light was hitting my face. I closed my eyes. When I opened them I was sitting on a bed, in a hospital. I had definitely made a bad choice by going to that party, one which I will never do again.

The author's comments:
Hi, my name is Josh. I have lived in eight of the poorest countries in the world: El Salvador, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Paraguay, Bolivia, Haiti, and soon-to-be Honduras. I love my dad and my mom. :)