Tattoos: A Short Persuasive Essay | Teen Ink

Tattoos: A Short Persuasive Essay

By KayAnn PLATINUM, Miami, Florida
KayAnn PLATINUM, Miami, Florida

I just wanna be able to sing like the birds, not worrying who hears or what they think

Firstly according to Dictionary.com , a tattoo is done by marking the skin with indelible patterns, pictures, legends by making punctures in it and inserting pigments. Tattoos are a delightful form of art that was once forbidden and looked down upon but is now becoming wildly popular in our present society. In my opinion, tattoos are an especially singular form of art that enables one to be different. It allows you to somehow express your inner thoughts and feelings, makes you stand out and declare your own self.

"Should I really get a tattoo?" "How could this decision affect me?" These certain questions may plague your mind when you're thinking of making the conscious decision to get a tattoo. Let me point out there is nothing unethical with it. Particular people and religions may prohibit it but it's all about expressing yourself. Students working in the UMD Department of University Relations recently conducted a survey of individuals attending the college and their ink. This survey showed that if the 201 students they surveyed, 26% had at least one tattoo. Therefore making the keen decision to get a tattoo, it doesn't make you a 'weirdo'. It simply gives you that edge to be distinctive.

Nowadays since tattoos are such a common commodity, there are more and more tattoo parlors being opened. With big decisions come big responsibilities. It's your responsibility to find a registered tattoo parlor. Needles can transfer diseases so make sure the tattoo artist is a registered expert. The best and safest tattoo parlors are the ones that say "18 and over" so if you're underage, beware of the places you go and the people there. There are plenty of illegal organizations out there.

All in all making the choice to get a tattoo comes with serious contemplation. But are they bad for you and can ruin your life? If done properly, no. Tattoos are simply great; a little pain at first but you get a good artistic outcome. In fact getting a tattoo might be good for you. It can leave you feeling like a new person revealing a notable image that will definitely boost your self esteem. So if you're thinking about it, go get a tattoo. Get a tattoo if you want to look different. Get a tattoo to stand out. Get a tattoo to look cool. Get a tattoo.

In conclusion tattoos are just body art and can be completely harmless but not finding the right resources can end tragically. Tattoos help you to stand out, find yourself and express yourself. So if you're thinking about getting one, you should do it. They are simply a blessing.

sally mike said...
on May. 1 2017 at 9:49 am
dude seriously

Jsjsje said...
on Oct. 13 2016 at 8:51 pm
What is your purpose for writing this i need help with my home work