Meet My Dedication Inspiration! | Teen Ink

Meet My Dedication Inspiration!

By MustangsK_2015 BRONZE, Dugway, Utah
MustangsK_2015 BRONZE, Dugway, Utah

You have many options in life, NEVER make giving up one of them.

Austin Robert Carlile was born September 27th 1987, in Pensacola Florida. Austin moved around Ohio a couple times before settling into Ohio. Austin Carile used to play Baseball with his father who played all american softball. Austin was bullied all through out high school and middle school some incidents included him being thrown into a garbage can by an older school mate,another incident someone stole Austin's backpack,trashed all his books and dumped them in the snow,then later that day Austin was beaten up by the same kid,smashing his head on a toilet and suffering 3 broken ribs, but sadly that is not the only thing Austin suffered, At 17 Carlile lost his mother to a syndrome called Larfiens which is a hereditary disease that aggects the nerves and bones Carlile later got diagnosed with. Which makes Carlile so lengthy. Austin cannot do what most people are allowed to do like ride roller coasters, sports, or lift weights. Austin Carile has an actual heart tattooed on his arm in memory of his mother.

Austin Carile later went to a church camp and started to cover songs and decided that is what he liked to do. Austin in 2006 joined Attack Attack! With founding members Austin Carlile, Ricky Lortz, Andrew Whiting, Nick White,Andrew Wetzel,later having Johnny Franck replace Ricky Lortz and nick white being replaced by John Holgado.in 2008 Caleb Shomo joined the band as well. While in Attack Attack! Austin was featured screaming on the bands EP "if guns are outlawed can we use swords instead" and their debut album "someday came suddenly" a week after the albums release Austin was kicked out of Attack Attack! And would his screaming duties would be taken over by then keyboardist Caleb Shomo(now member in the band beartooth). After being kicked out of Attack Attack! Austin announced his new project Of Mice & Men in 200.In 2010 under the label rise records the band realized their first album entitled "Of Mice & Men" featuring the single second and Sebring which was inspired by Austin's mother also being the most known song by the band. In 2010 after the release of his new album,Austin had to under go open heart surgery called an arotic vaulve sparing replacement root surgery ,his heart was on ice for over 2 hours he was pumped with someone elses blood and there was a 30-40% chance he would not have survived the surgery. Soon before, Austin and Jaxin started to gather up the other members of the band. The band recruited several members of already-existing bands, such as Phil Manansala (lead guitarist) from A Static Lullaby, and Tino Arteaga (drummer) from Lower Definition. Their self-titled debut album was officially announced to be released on 23 February 2010, but was delayed until 9 March for finishes on production. In 2010, Austin was unable to tour with Of Mice & Men, because he needed to have major heart surgery, and his health prevented him from touring. Jerry Roush from Sky Eats Airplane served as the tour replacement for Austin. Roush then became a permanent substitute, even after Austin was able to tour again. In September 2010, shortly after the departure of Craig Owens of Chiodos, rumours that Carlile would replace him circulated quickly, but were denied when Brandon Bolmer was announced as vocalist.A fake tweet from Carlile's account was produced making it seem that Carlile would be joining Chiodos as vocalist. That album was simply called “Of mice and men”
Carlile re-joined the band on 3 January 2011. The band then released another album titled “The Flood”.

On Monday, April 1st, 2012 at 12:43 am, The lead singer for the popular band 'Of Mice and Men,' Austin Carlile, age 25, was arrested for "Felonious Assault" In downtown Bowling Green and lodged in the county jail. Carlile commited these Felonius acts because when a group of men deicide they would try and provoke Austin and start mocking the Death of Katelyn, A fan he cared so much for. Austin Carlile did NOT throw the first punch. Austin Carlile is very much against physical violence He even 'preaches' against it. Austin did not throw the first punch and he was defending himself and a fan he truly cared about. Austin and Drum manger was held in the county jail with a bound of 25,000 dollars.

Of mice and men earlier in 2014 released an album called Restoring Force which was high in the iTunes rating chart. Austin Carlile has saved many lives and will continue to do so.

Austin has saved my life