My Second Most Embarrassing Moment | Teen Ink

My Second Most Embarrassing Moment

The actors, singers, and dancers are all lined up. You see their confidence after just finishing the show. They all have straight actor-like faces, except one person in the line. He has the most embarrassed look on his face. I was that actor, after a performance of Wizard of Oz. Let me tell you about the moment I will never forget.

It all started about 3 or 4 years ago at the Egyptian Theatre on Main Street. We (the cast of Wizard of Oz) were all getting ready for another performance, and the show was about to begin. Every night I worried that I would miss my cue to come on stage. “Not tonight.” I would tell myself. Little did I know that instead of missing my cue tonight, I would do the exact opposite.

The show started off great. We all sang, “Follow the Yellow Brick Road,” in our munchkin-like voices. The show’s great start turned into the second most embarrassing moment of my life. Dorothy, the Tin Man, and the Scarecrow were all singing, “If I only had a heart.” During that song I came on stage in my flying monkey costume. I started making crazy monkey sounds. About 10 seconds later I realized the situation, I was on stage way too early. I ran off stage like a frightened little girl. I felt like an idiot. That moment will stick with me for the rest of my life . . . . However, I will never tell you my most embarrassing moment in my life!

on Aug. 15 2009 at 9:38 pm
aspiring.author.09 PLATINUM, Beaumont, Other
I think you should tell us your most embarassing story. Your piece has inpsired me to do it!