My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

April 15, 2014
By Anonymous

In Old Persian my name means protector, wealthy and posse. But in Hebrew my name means pearl of wisdom. My name is 5.3 seconds left on the clock and I’m standing at the free throw line. Were down by one and I have 2 shots, so as I shoot my first shoot it goes in. I have one shot left, yet in scared on missing the shout I’m also scared of going into overtime. As I take my time and think of making it. I released the ball and I made the shot. The clock runs out and the buzzer goes off and the crowd starts chanting my name. DARJA DARJA DARJA DARJA DARJA. That is my name. Darja is not just an ordinary or common name.

My name is unique to me. Yea it sounds weird, but my name comes from my parents. The “D and the R” come from my dad and the “J and the A’s” from my mom. When you say my name wrong it’s like you didn’t even attempt to ask me how to say my name. So It makes me feel that you don’t even care about how to say my name. My name is like the top favorite flavor at Baskin robins. Also when you say my name it’s like a ray of sunshine. “when you see a rose grow out of concrete even if it had messed up petals and it’s you know a little to the side you are marveled at seeing a rose grow through concrete.” That’s my name although it may be different but that’s what make me who I am. I rather be different then be like everyone else.


The author's comments:
it tells you about my name an what it means to me