My day of sunshine | Teen Ink

My day of sunshine

November 20, 2008
By Anonymous

When I went to Kings Island over the summer I was incredibly happy. It’s not everyday that I get to see my Aunt Kathy and her two sons, Eric and Brian. Eric is 12 while Brian is 16. He just celebrated his birthday in the last month. My Aunt Kathy lives in Florida so I haven’t seen her in a year or two. It was nice that I got to see her; I soaked up every precious moment with her like a sponge. When we got inside the gates I could barely contain my excitement. I was immediately greeted by the smell of sweat, water, food, and even spilled soda (maybe because I was standing in it.)
Of course, the first ride we went on was the one I feared the most, Drop Zone. I am immensely afraid of heights and I always have been. But I made a decision in my mind to face my fears. My aunt joked that I had to go on or else she wouldn’t take me to the Scooby Doo ride. It was hard to do but I trudged on. The ride changed my life. I know that is silly but it’s true.
The ride stopped like 6 times. I was freaking out the whole ride and when we went down I didn’t feel any pleasure only fear that I would fly out of my seat, like my brother almost did. So when we landed I couldn’t talk for a few minutes because my jaw felt so weird. Then we went on some more rides and then we went to the water park. We waited until 9:00 at night to ride the Beast. My aunt Kathy said that the Beast was her favorite roller coaster ever, which I thought was funny because she lives next to Disney World and Universal Studios.
The Beast was really fun and I think it’s my new favorite ride too. The ride was pretty bumpy but then again it is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world so I guess that would explain why. The line to the ride was the longest ever and it was going to close in 15 minutes for the fireworks. While we were on the Beast my cousins were on Flight Deck. As we were going home we ate Skyline, my cousins and aunt got 3 ways and Cokes while I got a Black bean and Rice Burrito with a Diet Coke. All in all it was a splendid day.