Home coming Dance | Teen Ink

Home coming Dance

November 19, 2008
By Anonymous

“Ding ding ding,” the warning bell just rang and here I am sitting nervously in a desk that was placed in the corner of the room. “Ding ding ding,” the bell rang and it was time to start my first year of high school. At approximately 7:40 the announcements were on and you could hear the principal’s voice through the speaker. He was congratulating us for making it into high school. Then, I heard him talking about the upcoming homecoming dance, and giving information about where the tickets were going to be sold. I was surprised that they were already talking about the homecoming dance. I was in a dilemma. Should I go or not? Sarra said, “Mai choua you should go because I am.” She wanted me to go with her. So on Friday the very last day to buy tickets, I finally went and did it; I bought the homecoming tickets, my friends and I was planning to go to Nou’s house. “Ding ding ding.” the school bell rang and it was time to go home. At 5:00pm and when we were done getting ready, Nou’s brother took us to the dance. At the dance I saw a lot of my friends. I also saw some of my old friends from other schools. I was meeting new people and they were trying to make me dance, but I refused and ran off to the balcony. I stayed at the dance until 10:45 pm. Then Nou called her brother to come pick us up.