The Broken Chair | Teen Ink

The Broken Chair

November 17, 2008
By Anonymous

On this summer night, Shelby and I searched for a good time. At about 11:30 p.m. Tommy and AJ called us to see if we wanted to party. Ok of course, we said “yes”. We knew it was going to be an extremely fun time. Trouble happens when we all party together.

With Shelby as my best friend only good things happen except for this night. So before the boys arrived, Shelby and I were doing absolutely nothing. We were watching The Cinderella Story to be exact. When they called, it made the night a lot more fun.
Right before Tommy and AJ called us to let us know they were on their way, Shelby and I went outside on my front porch to wait for them to get there.Trust me, the wait was well worth it. A bike ride from Tommy’s house to mine is probably about 30 minutes. We had to wait awhile for them to get to my house. After they arrived, we were all just sitting in plastic chairs on the front porch. We just sat there talking and having fun. Tommy and I were kind of talking about our own thing and not really listening to Shelby and AJ talk. Next thing I know, Shelby’s on the ground with a broken chair all around her. So of course everyone started to bust out laughing even her. We were all laughing so hard we couldn’t, talk, breathe, or see.

The clean up was even funny. We all took turns imitating her falling backwards onto the ground. The pieces from the chair had to be thrown away so my mom wouldn’t know that we broke one of her chairs. My mom would have killed me if she knew we did that. I'm just really glad Shelby didn’t get hurt.

After all the stuff that happened that night, I definitely wouldn’t trade anything. These people are my best friends. They mean a lot to me, enough that I can sit there and laugh at them when they do something stupid like Shelby. They know how to have fun, and they sure show it. This is by far the best story ever.