First Time in Gatlinburg | Teen Ink

First Time in Gatlinburg

One of my favorite vivid memories is going to Gatlinburg, TN for the first time. The day before my family (mom, dad, brother, and I) were rushing around the house trying to get everything packed and ready to go. Once we got everything packed, we took the suitcases to the car, and put them in the trunk. My brother and I couldn’t get to sleep that night, because we were excited about going to Tennessee. Eventually we fell asleep not knowing that we had to get up real early the next day.

Finally the day came when we were about to go to Gatlinburg. We had to get up about 4:00 a.m. so we can bet the traffic in Batesville. Around 8:00 am. We stopped at a rest stop so we can go to the rest room, then, we were back on the road. We finally got to stop at an information center near the Kentucky-Tennessee boarder line so we can walk around. We finally got near Knoxville, TN around 12:30 a.m. We stopped at a place to eat around that area.

Well, it’s about 3:30 p.m. and we are finally in Gatlinburg. It took us about 45 minutes to get through town. After we got through town, we went to our hotel room. We stayed at the Bearskin Lodge. That is a really nice hotel. It has fireplace in the rooms and one down in the lobby. We stayed on the 5th floor. About 4:00 p.m. we walked around town and looked at all the attractions. We basically went through shops that day, but were deciding on what to do for the next day.
Well, it is now day two and we just got done eating break feast at the hotel. We walked again today, and the first thing we did was to go into the Star Car Museum. There, we saw all kinds of cars from movies. We saw the truck form The Beverly hillbillies, the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard, Herbie the Volts Wagon beetle from Herbie, The Love Bug, KITT from Knightrider, the 1977 Trans Am SE from Smokey and the Bandit, and many more. After we got through that, we ate lunch and went to Ober Gatlinburg on the arial tram way. We basically spent the rest of the day there. After we left Ober Gatlinburg we ate lunch and walked some more until about 10:30.
On day two we went for a ride in the mountains. We saw awesome scenes of the Smokey Mountains. We even saw a couple of wild bears roaming in the woods. That’s what we basically did all day. We packed a picnic lunch and ate in one of the parks. We got back to town around 5:00 p.m. and walked and ate supper. After we got done eating, we wgot back to the hotel around 8:00 p.m. and my brother and I swam until 10:00 p.m.
On day three we spent the day at the river in North Carolina. The river is Cherokee, NC. That is a good size river, You wouldn’t believe all of the people in it. We ate lunch at Long John Sliver’s after we got done playing in the river. We drove around the town for a little bit. My brother and I was arguing because we both wanted to go into different shops, so my dad took him into the knife shop and my mom took me into the coin shop.