Talentless | Teen Ink

Talentless

November 15, 2008
By Caylan Stevens BRONZE, Blacklick, Ohio
Caylan Stevens BRONZE, Blacklick, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"Mom, what are my talents?" I whined for the third time this week.Knowing that I was starting to get on her nerves.

"Honey you have many talent."My mom said avoiding eye contact as she bent over to fold clothes.

"Mom thats a lie and we both know it I mean Lexi has drawing,writing, and she gets straight A's. Oh Alan skateboards and can play football ok. Me im good at nothing.

"Stop comparing yourself to others. Your nice,caring, you get decent grades and your pretty." My mom said for the third time this week.

"You know everything that you just said is not a talent. I'm talentless!I have no dreams! i have no things that I'm passionate about! I'm not special like you say" I said with tears coming to my eyes.I have nothing to give to anyone. I'm an average 13 year old girl.Nothing special.

"Calm down. Your very special to everyone and I wish that you can see it. No you might not have many talents or hobbies right now but your only 13.You have your whole life to decide on what talents you want." My mom said.She came over and gave me a huge hug as I tried to stop crying.It took me a minute but I realised that my mom was right. I have my whole life to decide on stuff. The sky is the limit for me. It doesn't matter that I have no talents. That's what makes me.... me. I'm the one with no talents or special abilities. I'm the one who still discovering herself. I'm the one with no passions. I'm the one with no dreams. Till now. I wish I had a dream.