Silverwood | Teen Ink

Silverwood

November 12, 2008
By Anonymous

We stood in line on a hot Saturday afternoon imitating the dumb warning sign with a kid having his head pop off and laughing with Travis and Kat my two best friends. The scent of kettle corn and hotdogs roamed the warm air. As the line moved forward the butterflies in my stomach became uncontrollable. Watching the passengers slowly ease on. Buckling their seatbelts and tightening them so that it squeezed their stomachs. I trembled as I walked ready for the worst. Tension became a wakening to me that we became next in line. The coaster came back and the passengers unloaded. When the bells started to ring for the gates to open, I jumped in, buckled up and pulled the bar in front of me. I squeezed my eyes shut and I felt us start easing away. Slowly at first until the fast whiplash in your face and the ups and downs and then… the ride ended. I got off laughing at the dumb screaming sounds I made as each fall arose out of the ride and my stomach was pushed up through and out of my body. We all walked through the gift shop amazed at how dorky our faces looked in the pictures. I had a blast with my two best friends with the wonderful, everlasting fun at Silverwood.


The author's comments:
I had a blast writing this. Please enjoy! :)