To My Friends | Teen Ink

To My Friends

By plathfan864 SILVER, Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
plathfan864 SILVER, Mountain Lakes, New Jersey

"What I fear most, I think, is the death of imagination... the poverty of life without dreams is too horrible to imagine"
-Sylvia Plath

All the years that we have been friends, which, when compared to some friendships, may not seem like many, they have been very special to me. Through the good times, and the bad, we have stood by each other; we had each other’s backs.

I realized that I might not have given credit where credit is due, or properly thanked you for everything in my life that you have helped me through over these five years.

I’m not sure if this is typical or not, but we didn’t start off so close, back in 5th grade. We all hung out with the same people, but we weren’t as close as we are today. Slowly, however, that group started to change, and a new group was formed. I was in that new group, and while you hung out with us on occasion, you stayed mostly with your old group. But things changed again, and suddenly, we became close friends.

And what a time we had! We became closer with each passing day, at least in my opinion. We became so close that we could tell each other anything; we had that level of trust. When we created Live