Tea Lovers United | Teen Ink

Tea Lovers United

By Gabby68 SILVER, New Jersey, New Jersey
Gabby68 SILVER, New Jersey, New Jersey

"I'm selfish impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."-Marilyn Monroe

The world of tea is amazing, with so many flavors to choose from. I myself am a tea drinker and I believe it does calm the senses. I also could have a different type of tea for every day of the entire year. With so many flavors to choose from, I believe any tea drinker will be content. Being that I enjoy so much iwould say anyone can drink tea, you don’t need all the fancy equipment that comes with the life of tea.

Referring to the words “fancy equipment,” I mean kettles, teapots, water warmers, special jars, tea stands or any other products used in the tea world. These are not necessary; anyone can stick a teabag into a cup of water and heat it up ,-- you don’t need all the fancy add-ons. But many tea companies do try to lore you in with beautifully-designed teapots, for example. I personally think it’s nice to have a teapot if you have guests who also like tea, but you can always put your tea in a nice glass or coffee cup as well.

With such a wide selection, it’s hard to pick -- that’s why a lot of times I get a tea sampler package which comes with multiple types of tea. Or, if you would rather have some high-class tea, Teavana has a wonderful selection of loose tea. However, you do need a strainer or a teapot with one built-in. The main types of tea are (as follows) black, white, oolong, herbal, green, rooibos, and mate. They are all delicious and I think if anyone becomes this interested in tea as I am, they should have a swig of at least all the main groups.

I love how tea calms you down and warms up your body physically, mentally and spiritually. It has a lasting effect and when your sick , tea can help you out of your symptoms. Tea is also not bad for you in all respect it is actually good for you and believe it or not your metabolism. Also it is good for soothing your body if you have trouble sleeping. They have herbal teas made especially for people who have trouble sleeping and for most, it does work. Tea is also better then taking medicine, not just because of your health but because it taste good, too.

I would recommend tea to everyone, put a little honey in it or sugar you have multiple choices of sweeting it up. Some “gourmet” teas don’t require any sugar or sweetener. This is because they are made with such delicious ingredients they don’t require any. So it’s really nice just to put the water in, heat it up, and drink. But whichever type of tea you decide to go with I hope the experience is a delectable one!

This is a piece i wrote thinking of one of my passions strangely enough tea seems to be one. I think its a miracle drink and hope after reading my article other feel the same way.