Silence | Teen Ink

Silence

I woke up in cold sweat, breathing heavily. My iPod alarm clock was on full blast, beeping in an annoying tone. As always, I shot up out of bed and put my bathrobe to go to the kitchen. I went to the pantry and grabbed a box of cereal, not even caring which one it was. It was hard to see because of how groggy I was. I've never been a morning person, nor will I ever be. I sat down at the table with my cereal and a glass of milk. I soon had both gone, so I headed to the shower, but mom was in ti getting ready for work. I went to the second bathroom, normally my grandma's. We all lived together in a small home in Florida, near Daytona, and about an hour away from Orlando. It wasn't much, but it was home. I got out of the shower and headed to my room, slapping on the normal black shirt and blue jeans. We never spoke to each other. Every once in a blue moon, I'd get a "bye, Morgan", or something along those lines, but we had no communication other than that. I walked out the door to the cool November air, book bag and binder in hand. I walked to my bus stop at the corner, and sat there. Waiting.