The Night You Left Me | Teen Ink

The Night You Left Me

November 1, 2008
By Anonymous

The night you left me in the dust, in time that had long past, I cried until my eyes were swollen and red. I thought my life would really end, and everytime I saw you in the halls, and everytime I heard your name, it would bring the tears flowing in rivets down my face again. We were so close before that retched summer yanked us apart, and because of that closeness, we were the furthest apart. We never talked, not so much as a friendly hello, that was the sad part. I kept on trying to catch up with you again, enter your heart once more, but you rejected me more than ever. I didn't know what to do or where to go, because when I had you, I left everyone else to make more room for you. Now I know better, because when you hurt me that night, I knew that I needed those people more than ever, and I didn't have them. Slowly I gained their friendship back, and slowly I felt I had a life again, and I realized how much I had missed it. I had a life, but that wound that you gave me, it was so deep, and I loved you so much, that I still would sit there, and cry. It was in one of these moments that I saw him, totally different, yet he gave me the same feeling of happiness that you and I had shared, before you left me in the dust, in a time that had long past.