to my love | Teen Ink

to my love

Dear Love,

It was almost a year ago that we met. From the moment I saw you, I was entranced by your beautiful eyes. I couldn’t exactly put my finger on it but for some reason I knew that there was something more to you. In biology class, I would look for excuses to sit by you or just to talk to you. I had the biggest crush I have ever had on you.
Finally we started to become friends. A couple days later we exchanged numbers, I was so giddy about that I almost couldn’t sleep. For the first time I was taking something slow, and it seemed to be working. On February 2nd my real life began, you asked me to be your girl. I was ecstatic; I instantly began to fall head over heels. I cannot explain it, but you my love can bring me to my knees with just a little look. I tried for months to not let those three little words slip out. It was so hard. Everyday I would have to bite my tongue, I wanted to say I love you so bad. I thought that if I waited it would mean more. Finally I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I had to build up the courage to say it, I was scared that you wouldn’t love me back or that you would think I was crazy. I had to tell you though. After I said I love you, my heart dropped to my stomach, until you responded with a I love you too. I was so happy I started to cry.

Over these last couple of months I have gotten so close to you and realized so much. I realized that I don’t only love you but I am in love with you. You complete me. You truly make everyday so wonderful. I don’t know what I would do without you by my side. I am so happy that we found each other, because I think I would always have a whole in my heart if I didn’t have you. I love you boo boo.

Love,
Me